Wednesday, April 15, 2009
As I continue to examine the play counts of songs on my ipod and home computer, I'm starting to realize there is a bit of a disconnect between what I think I like to listen to and what I am actually listening to.
The first explanation for this is pretty easy. What I listen to when I work out and what I listen to at pretty much any other time is vastly different. Given that working out is the main time i listen to the Ipod, I think those play counts kind of throw the other numbers out of wack a bit. So, I'm going to take them out and look at them on their own. With that in mind, I present my top 25 workout songs according to how often I listen to them.
- Saliva - Doom aka MF Doom aka Viktor Vaughn
- Fakin Jax - I.N.I.
- Stand and Fire - M.O.P
- For Heavenz Sake - Wu Tang Clan
- Shut Em Down - Public Enemy (Pete Rock Remix)
- Wipe Me Down - Lil Boosie, Webbie, Foxx
- Hip Hop Drunkies - The Liks
- Cash Money Is An Army - BG
- Brooklyn Zoo - Ol Dirty Bastard
- Where My Homiez - Il Al Scratch
- Do Ya Thug Thang - Max Minelli
- Kick In The Door - Notorious B.I.G.
- NY State of Mind Pt. 2 - Nas
- Diamonds Remix - Slim Thug
- Back Down - 50 Cent
- I'm a Beast - Lil Wayne
- You Can't See Me - Tupac
- Where The Party At - E-40
- We Got Your Money - The Lox
- Rock co. Cane flow - De La Soul
- Still Ridin Dirty - UGK
- G-Unit in The House - G-Unit
- Beasts From The East - Lost Boyz
- Dipset Anthem - Dipset
- Allustrious - Mobb Deep
Other than that, I'm not sure there are many other tracks that I would move around. The bigger thought on my mind is that I really can't remember when I put what song on my ipod. So if a song has been on the ipod longer, it could definitely end up with a higher play count than something I like better. So, I actually think I will reset my play counts and just see what I end up listening to over the next couple of months and then putting up another post.