Is Money Really Worth It? Blagojevich Goes Down

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I've been following the news about IL Gov. Rod Blagojevich today and amongst all the pundits weighing in, that has been the biggest question on my mind.

Is money really worth it?

I have no access to Blagojevich's finances, but its hard for me to believe that the Governor was in any way struggling to make ends meet. So why do this? Greed? Power? All of the above?

Even a cynic like me was taken aback by the sheer gall of this man. The governor did not want to give this “motherfucker Obama his senator. Fuck him. For nothing? Fuck him.” I guess that comments clears up his mindset. He was a power hungry fool. I mean, who did this guy really think he was?

So now it is all going to be taken away from him and you have to wonder if it was in any way worth it. This isn't just a fall from grace. Blagojevich will live on in infamy forever.

And for how much cash? I can't imagine it was nearly enough.


submit to reddit