Bloomberg & Plaxico Pt. 2

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dwil of Sports on My Mind made a comment this morning that sparked my memory. I also think it explains Bloomberg's interest in this. One Word.

Diddy.

We all famously remember Puff walking on a gun charge several years ago. Bloomberg pushed this law through partially because of that case. Now Bloomberg has another target now and wants to nail him to the wall.

It's still wrong.

Bloomberg has essentially declared Plaxico's guilt with no trial. He has all but told the judges and attorneys of NYC that they better put this guy behind bars. You also have to wonder how this will affect a jury. I've got to think he's completely poisoned one.

Sorry, but I just don't think this was a good thing. Again, let the court system do its job. His speech was just over the top and out of line.

Also, I have searched the internet for a while now and I can't find any similar speeches aimed at all of his buddies on Wall Street. Surely he is just as upset at the folks who destroyed the American economy?

Again, just because he's a celebrity doesn't mean he deserves any more or any less attention than any other person.

Also, don't just jump on your soapbox when there is an easy target. America is always ready to destroy an a black athlete, guilty or not.

I would be FAR more impressed if the mayor had given this kind of speech condemning his wall street chums.

Side Note - Still waiting for the NRA to come out and defend Plaxico's right to carry a gun.





submit to reddit