Black People For McCain

Saturday, October 11, 2008

This video has me thinking.



Despite the big Obama picture on this site, I have no problems with people voting for McCain if they really believe he is the best candidate. I know everyone says that, but I mean it. However, too many times when I hear black people talk about supporting McCain, it sounds like a couple of the guys on this panel. Almost like they are doing it just to go against the grain and not because they really believe in McCain or his principles. There was only one member of the panel who came across as a true McCain supporter.

It's a cheap shot to just automatically call anyone who votes for McCain a sell-out and it's not my place to tell anyone how to vote. However, I like hearing someone articulate clear reasoning why they aren't supporting Obama, not "I'm not going to vote for him just because he's black." Newflash. All Obama supporters aren't just voting for him because he is black. Comments like that make you sound no better than the people who blindly brand you a sell out.