Really Seattle? 5 Electonic Voting Machines?

Thursday, October 30, 2008

That's it? For all of King County's million or so people you could only scrap up one room in the middle of Renton with 5 electronic voting machines for early voting? Yes, I am aware that paper ballots are available and there are drop boxes all around the Seattle metro area.

But consider this. Maybe some of us didn't want to do a paper ballot.

Maybe some of us just wanted to bring our disabled relative in early to vote to avoid crowds and get in & out in less than an hour and a half.

I understand that there are other things that are going on right now, but it just seems like the city could have had....I don't know...maybe two rooms with ten total electronic machines?

Or maybe separate rooms for the people doing paper ballots and the people voting electronically?

Or, if you really wanted to just shoot for the moon, how about multiple sites across the area with voting machines in all of them? There seems to be a considerable amount of people in the actual city of Seattle. I think they might have appreciated not having to drive all the way down to Renton. I also seem to recall that there are a handful of people in Bellevue, Redmond, etc that also might have appreciated a room in one of the many federal buildings around the Seattle metro.

But I understand. I am sure there are more important things going on right now that require the resources of the city.

I mean, come on. Mass transit stinks. You gave away the Sonics. Must this city half-ass everything?