Are We Really About to Elect a Black President?

Monday, October 20, 2008

As I watched Colin Powell eloquently explain his support for Obama, it hit me again.   It really looks like this is going to happen.  We are about to place a black man in the White House.  


With all the craziness of the election process, the wonder of this event is sometimes lost.  So many of us, no matter what age, did not think we would live to see this happen.  Yet, it is staring us right in the face.  Now, I'm wondering where I want to be on that day.  I am contemplating flying home to Louisiana to watch the election results with my grandmother.  While this will be a joyous occasion for me, I can't imagine what its going to be like for her and her generation.  All the sacrifices they all made culminating in this moment.  There really are no words that can adequately describe it.